Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Mistborn

This week I read Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson. I got this book as a present for Christmas and was pleasantly surprised by it, even though it still wasn't my favorite book ever. This book is about an orphan named Vin who has spent the whole entire life on the streets, in a futuristic land where a species of humans named Skaa works as slaves to the rest of the considered superior species. After a few horrible years being abused by her older brother and in a Skaa thieving crew, she gets discovered and rescued by a man named Kelsier and one named Dockson, and their crew in an attempt to overthrow the empire and restore rights to the Skaa, after learning that she possesses some sort of weird magical powers. This book was good-especially the end. I wouldn't recommend it to people who don't really read this genre (mystery/action/fantasy) a lot I wouldn't recommend it. The author was very willing to make huge changes to the world of his characters, which I enjoyed, and resulted in a lot of crazy insane twists. This book was good but dull sometimes but TOTALLY worth hanging on for the end. My favorite character was probably Kelsier-I felt like he was awesome and actually a developed character, and I've said this a lot, but the end is totally a twist related to him. This book would be good for almost anybody in our class if you like this type of book, and don't mind varying qualities of writing style but an amazing general idea.

2 comments:

  1. This book sounds pretty good- a little confusing.. but it seems like a cool book.

    ReplyDelete