Monday, January 26, 2015

Looking For Alaska

This week I read Looking For Alaska by John Green. 16 year old Pudge gets sent to boarding school in an effort to escape his rather boring, non-social life at a public school in Florida. There he meets a lot of interesting characters such as his new best friend The Colonel, an insane girl named Alaska, and his supposed Romanian girlfriend, Lara. I really can't tell you anything more then that without giving it away, because half of the amazingness of the book of the book is being surprised by the plot twists, but it is also the most amazing book ever! I totally felt what the characters felt, more then almost any book that I'd read before, and some parts were so sad and some parts are hilarious. You all should read it because it's AMAZING!!! I kind of liked this book more then The Fault in Our Stars, which by the way is by the same author if you didn't know, and I was surprised that I did. There are kind of a lot of mature topics, so if you don't feel comfortable reading about that stuff, you probably shouldn't read it. But this book is amazing, and otherwise all of you should.

4 comments:

  1. I thought TFIOS was meh, so maybe I'll like this one if it's better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked this book when I read it, but it was so sad! I also loved The Fault in our Stars and Abundance of Katherine's which i would recommend to you if you haven't read it already

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this book, great description!

    ReplyDelete