Monday, November 17, 2014

Frost on the Windowpane

I put my finger on the foggy windowpane, my finger flinching as it presses against the ice cold glass. I draw a line. And then another line. I top off these two with a giant half circle, making a big smiley face. I step back and survey my work. A face stares back at me, smiling. I look at it again, consider it, and then press my eye up to the now clear class, looking through my narrow stripe of clear glass at the falling snow outside. It kind of feels like the holiday season right now. I don't know if it's a good thing or a bad thing, but it definitely does. I mean, it's not even Thanksgiving yet. But still, the stores keep insisting that Christmas is "Almost here!" or "You need holiday gifts right away!" or"Merry Christmas? Happy Chanukah? Get everything you need in Aisle 6!"I'm kind of ready for the holidays, but really, I at least want to have Thanksgiving first before they play Christmas music on every station when I turn on the radio.

6 comments:

  1. It's a wonderful thing! But I agree, I want Halloween, Thanksgiving THEN Christmas / Hanukkah. People were talking about Christmas on Halloween!!!!!!!!!!!!! Totally agree.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love making smileys in windows! It's Happy Chanukah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's true. Everything is already coming up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your first sentence is catchy. I have definitely experienced that feeling before.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally understand. why are stores so pushy? Nice fist sentence.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a very well-written slice nice work!

    ReplyDelete