Sunday, September 21, 2014

Outliers

This week I read Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell. This was a non-fiction book that examines outliers throughout history, including geniuses, professional athletes, and successful people like Bill Gates or Robert Oppenheimer. First of all, I do not enjoy non-fiction books AT ALL. Second, this book was awesome. It was really interesting to see the authors view on things in culture. I learned why January is the best birthday for hockey players, to why plane crashes are more likely to happen in Korea or Columbia then the USA. This was really interesting and really entertaining to read. My one piece of criticism for the book is sometimes it seemed a little bit over-analytical, it completely ruled out the factors of luck, talent, and hard work and replaced them with different factor around the people, which was kind of sad and pessimistic. So yeah, overall I would totally recommend this book to anybody, even if you don't especially enjoy non-fiction; I never do, and this books was great, and really interesting.

6 comments:

  1. That sounds very good! Thank you for recommendation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i usually dont enjoy non-fiction iether but this sounds good and i will ad it to my TBR list :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like a cool book! A lot of people recommended it so I'll keep it in mind!

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds like a cool book. I also agree, I usually don't like fiction books. adding it to my TBR list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. NUMBER 1 NUMBER 1 NUMBER 1. Nice report

    ReplyDelete