Monday, March 10, 2014

Music that I love right now

I am obsessed with a lot of music right now, but there are a couple of songs/albums/artists that I'm obsessed with...
1. The soundtrack to Frozen. I am obsessed with the soundtrack as well as the rest of it. I LOVELOVE LOVE the songs so much and would also love to sing/play them. Don't you think Elsa or Anna would be really fun to be in a musical? Anyways, some of my favorites include For the First Time in Forever (reprise), Do You Wanna Build a Snowman, and Let It Go. Best Songs Ever!!!
2. Kacey Musgraves. She's kind of country, and that's cool, and her lyrics are hilarious. She's a really talented songwriter and a really funny person. Some of my favorite songs include Follow Your Arrow and Merry Go Round.
3. Burn by Ellie Goulding. I really love this song, it's great. I love the tune, the lyrics, and everything about it. It's so catchy, and fun to sing a long to, and has a cool message. Her voice is also really interesting and the instrumentation is really cool and works with the song.
4. Taylor Swift, by, well, Taylor Swift. This was her first album and is amazing. She was a lot more country, but still has the pop-rock thing that I think is so awesome. It is amazing that she was only a couple years older than me when she wrote these songs. My three favorites right now are probably Our Song, Picture to Burn, and Teardrops on My Guitar.
5. The Band Perry. They are also really country a little rock, a little pop, which I have been into a lot recently. They are so awesome. Listen to Don't Let Me Be Lonely, If I Die Young, and Done. It's just awesome.
6. Dark Horse by Katy Perry. This song is so amazing, and is kind of overdramatic and stupid and amazing all at the same time. It's this whole pop song with a little bit of dance-punk-techno feel. It's really melodramatic too and has a weird sounding rap (yes!).
7. I would feel like a failure if I didn't add Avril Lavigne and Adam Levine (from Maroon 5).
Yay! So this is music that I have been into over the last couple of days/weeks etc. Not all of it. If I did that, it would take over a billion pages/

4 comments:

  1. Really unique slice Sarah. You did a great job describing why you like those songs/albums/singers. I really liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Abby, except, I don't like Taylor Swift

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know who really any of these people are, I'm sad to say. But, I think the way you put this slice together is unique and interesting. A lovely way to show a part of your personality without directly describing yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was a great slice, but we have some different opinions on music. Ok a lot. But it was a great slice!

    ReplyDelete