Monday, November 25, 2013

The Pact

This week I finished reading The Pact. This book totally was better then first expected. I felt like it ended kind of abruptly, but it's a non-fiction book, so maybe that was actually the way it was. This book is about three boys who live in The Central Ward, basically the ghetto honestly,  of Newark, New Jersey. In High School they meet each-other and make a pact that they are going to become doctors. This is a big deal, because many of their friends and family are either dead or drug dealers/and or addicts. It takes a lot of hard work, but eventually they become doctors. NO, this is not a spoiler. The last part of the book is kind of about them reflecting on their life, becoming doctors, and seeing what could have happened to them in some of their patients. This book is fast-paced, interesting, and inspiring, and I would really recommend that you should read it. It's better then this boring description makes it sound like.

2 comments:

  1. Two thoughts...one, I thought this book would be boring, but everyone that has read it says its really good. And two, I did not think that you description is boring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Hailey, I should read it sometime.

    ReplyDelete